NASSM 2020 Teaching & Learning Fair
Call for Presenters
The North American Society for Sport Management Teaching and Learning Fair, held annually as part of the NASSM conference, is a forum for the exchange of ideas, strategies, assignments, projects, and other teaching and learning tools of use and importance to sport management faculty. The Fair "presentation" consists of a walk-up style conversation where presenters highlight an activity, case study, or any deliverable teaching tool, technique, or pedagogy from the Sport Management academic area that demonstrates education in action.
The Teaching & Learning Fair will be held in conjunction with the 2020 NASSM Conference in San Diego, CA. Guidelines for submitting to the Fair may be found at https://www.nassm.org/Conferences/TLFSubmission.
Online submission of abstracts will be accepted starting on October 1, 2019, and will be available until November 1, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST. After that, the online submission portal will be closed.
The format for the Teaching & Learning Fair is as follows:
- Each Teaching & Learning Fair presentation will have one table with two chairs.
- Table displays must be set up between 8:00am-9:00 am on your assigned session day (i.e., Thursday, Friday or Saturday), and must be removed at the end of that day by 4:30pm.
- No electrical outlets or power cords will be provided; all presenters' materials must be self-sufficient.
- No poster presentations.
- If your presentation is accepted, on your assigned Teaching & Learning Fair presentation day (i.e., Thursday, Friday or Saturday), each presenter is expected to a have a laminated copy of your project/assignment set up between 8am-9am on the assigned table and day. Presenters should be available during the scheduled presentation time later that day (e.g., Thursday 2:35pm to 3:45pm; Friday 2:10pm to 3:20pm; or Saturday 9:20am to 10:30am) to answer questions and electronically send requested materials to attendees. In effort to be more environmentally friendly, photo copies of the assignments and presentations are no longer required—but presenters are encouraged to direct attendees to the dropbox link or email a copy of the T&L materials upon request.
- Teaching and Learning Fair presenters should also create a table tent with their name(s) and contact information (e.g., Twitter, LinkedIn, email, etc.).
The Friday prior to the conference, presenters will also be asked to upload their presentation to a dropbox folder that attendees can later access.
According to NASSM Teaching & Learning Fair Policy, an individual author is only permitted to be listed on one Teaching & Learning Fair abstract submission per year.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the NASSM Teaching & Learning Fair Coordinator at the email listed below.
Leigh Ann Danzey-Bussell
NASSM Teaching & Learning Fair Coordinator