Your NASSM Student Board is excited to provide the inaugural NASSM Student Engagement Initiative for the 2020-2021 year!
What is it?
We have heard from many students that there is a keen interest in continued engagement with fellow NASSM students and the student board throughout the academic year.
Based on data collected through the 2020 Conference Symposium, the student board has established an engagement schedule for the 2020-2021 academic year that includes a mix of professional development sessions and socials.
How does it work?
One session will be hosted each month from September to May. The sessions will begin with 20-30 minutes of a professional development topic, followed by an informal social.
The date and time of each session, along with additional information and a registration link, will be announced 2-4 weeks in advance via email and on this webpage (see below). We will ask that students register so we can plan effective professional development sessions. Meeting details will be emailed to registrants closer to the session date.
What are the session topics?
- September: Optimizing the graduate school experience (register here)
- October: Reviewing conference abstracts (register here)
- November: Responding to systemic issues in sport management classrooms (register here)
- December: Writing bootcamp (register here)
- January: Diversifying your syllabus and teaching (register here)
- February: Building a teaching dossier (register here)
- March: Being an engaged scholar via social media (register here)
- April: Preparing for the faculty-mentor initiative (register here)
- May: Introduction to the NASSM conference (register here)
If you have any questions, please email Georgia Teare at firstname.lastname@example.org.